Massage Therapists at the LaVida Massage of Fayetteville essential duties include performing professional and quality massage.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
- Must follow all LaVida Massage policies and protocols.
- Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Tailor specific massage sessions to meet guest’s individual needs.
- Assist in promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving regular massage
- Create a consistently excellent guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
- Reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Training:
- Minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school and a certificate of completion.
- Participates in continuing education credits to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Satisfactory results of all background and reference checks is a condition of employment in this position.
- Must adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy.
- Must follow any applicable laws pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
- Knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish/Relaxation and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities offered by LaVida Massage.
- Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork.
Communications and Personal Interactions:
- Must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Must complete all SOAP notes completely as to the local and state licensing requirements.